Friday, August 26, 2005

Stoodaint's Paoverrrrr.....

The other day I finally had to do something I successfully avoided for four years in college: Join a Student's Organisation.

It happened when I was entering college. A smartly dressed chap came up to me and first (pointedly) asked me if I spoke Marathi. When he was satisfied that I did, he told me that he was from the Akhil Barateeya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), and that they did a lot of good work for us students, and that they need a lot of moral support from us, and so would I please join. I hemmed and hawed, but he was insistent. The other, bigger and meaner looking ABVP guys started glaring at me. I changed tack. I told him I didn't have change for the one-rupee joining fee. He smiled and told me he had change for a five-hundred if I wanted. I realised nothing could save me now, and resignedly joined up. He gave me a receipt (for one rupee) and congratulated me on my new membership of the ABVP.

So this is what it feels to be in the Sangh Parivar!

Posted in Education.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home