Thursday, June 23, 2005

Its been a Year!

Ceteris Paribus turns one today. Hooray for that, I say. Its been one very interesting year, and I thank you (yes, you, the reader) for, well, reading it. I hope you enjoyed reading this blog as much as I enjoyed writing for it!

Ceteris Paribus began in the June of 2004 when I decided that if my friend Salil could write a blog (and a pretty good blog at that), then by the Gods, so could I. My previous experiience with the blogosphere was restricted to Ramanand's excellent blogs, is personal blog Clipboard Conversations and his quiz blog Interrobang. Quizzing and blogging are, for me, very interrelated pursuits considering that almost all the friends I have made on the quiz circuit are now also bloggers. I have also been lucky enough to become a member of Interrobang, to which I contribute a bit.

The past one year has seen my blog change its character somewhat, from an account of my experiences with life, the Universe and the MSEB to a more opinionated look at larger issues. That, I assure you, has less to do with my joining the vast right-wing conspiracy to take over the blogosphere than it does to my dicovering the Blockquote button on Blogger. Writing, and especially reading about Politics and Economics has taught me a lot, and again I would like to thank everyone who has read, commented on or plugged this blog and also those very smart bloggers whose articles inspire my own inane thoughts on stuff.

This blog has also recently seen an upsurge in its readership. For this I would especially like to thank all those who've linked to my posts and those who've added me to their blogrolls. Thanks for taking my thoughts to a wider audience, and for setting my statcounter ringing. Its a good feeling, having your stuff read by so many people.

And to round off the thank yous, I thank you again, dear reader, for reading this blog. I could never have kept this thing going without your support. As Apu Nahasapeemapetilon would have said: Thank you, come again!

Posted in Blogging, Links and Plugs.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kunal said...

Hey, thanks a lot.

3:40 AM  
Blogger anish said...

D'oh ! I forgot I'd started blogging in June last year too, though it was followed by a 10 month sabbatical..

Thank for the reminder

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home